I want you to start paying attention to your day. Be conscious of it and recognize that you can find a sweet spot in even the craziest of days. Finding something that makes you smile, finding something that makes you feel good, and finding something that inspires and motivates you is finding your Buddha Button!
One little positive thought can change your whole day if you let it. When a negative thought crosses you mind, scratch it out by inserting a new positive one. If you’re having troubles thinking of some, take a peek at some of these nuggets and use them as inspiration for your day!
LITTLE WELL KNOWN HAPPY FACTS
• Otters hold hands while they sleep so they don’t drift away from each other. Just thinking about the sweetness of that is a good go-to when you aren’t feeling the love in your day.
• From a neurological standpoint, just seeing someone smile actually makes you feel happier. If you’re not in the mood to look for a smiling person, look for a mirror and do it yourself.
• 2013 is the first year since 1987 that consists of 4 different digits. Once you write out all those dates and realize that’s true… you’re welcome.
5 THINGS TO DO RIGHT NOW FOR MOTIVATION
• Show up for your day. REALLY show up for it… like the hottie bagotti Curtis Stone chef guy is gonna knock on your door and cook you stuff. Get up, take a shower, do your hair, get dressed, tidy up, JUST DO IT! All of those things can take less than an hour and you’re “ready”… for whatever comes your way today.
• If you’re feeling overwhelmed with things to do, grab a pen and paper, set a time for 10 minutes, and sit down and write out all the things you want to get done. Once the timer goes off, pick only one single task for the day and make sure you get it done, no matter what else is going on. It doesn’t have to be big, it can simply be “hang the picture I’ve been meaning to hang”- HANG IT UP! Cross it off the list. If you’re feeling the urge, move on to something else. If not, feel accomplished! The goal is ONE THING. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
• Instead of instantly opening your Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, Twitter, or other forms of social media, consider REWARDING yourself with screen time! “If I finish cleaning the bathroom… if I get that report written… if I take in the recycling…” then I can reward myself with an hour of Facebook, etc. Nobody said Social Media can’t be your Buddha Button, but you’ll feel so much better about it if it’s something you’ve earned.
• Do something kind for someone today. Compliment a friend. Call your mom. Let the person with 1 thing in their hands go ahead of you in the grocery line up. Hold the door open. Pay for someone’s coffee. Smile and wave at the asshole that cut you off… and don’t call him an asshole. Help someone with a task. Take a friend out for lunch. Stop by your Aunt’s house and say hello. One small act of kindness can make all the difference to your day AND to someone else’s!
• A Buddha Button that’s a LITERAL button… Music. If you don’t already have a playlist, make one of inspirational and motivating songs, then just press Play. It’ll have you feeling inspired and get you moving in no time. This is not an assumption, it’s a scientific fact. Need one to get you started? Right off the bat I think Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis 😉
MY QUICK FIX
I am always on the go, and sometimes I just need a quick fix for inspiration and motivation, and I always seem to find it right when I need it.
My recent pick: 9 Inspirational Lessons from Steve Jobs (in case you didn’t know, he is an entrepreneur GURU as the co-founder of Apple Computers)
1. Follow Your Heart
“Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your own hear and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
2. Trust Yourself
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
3. Love What You Do
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
4. Go For a Home Run
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
5. Pick Carefully-
The power of ‘No”
”People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.”
6. Work Hard to Make it Simple
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. Simple can be harder than complex. You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.”
7. Steal Great Ideas
“We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas. If you take something and make it your own, it’s your design, and that is the dividing line between copying and stealing.”
8. Your Goal Isn’t To Make Money
“Apple’s goal isn’t to make money. Our goal is to design and develop and bring to market good products. We trust as a consequence of that, people will like them, and as another consequence, we’ll make some money.”
9. Don’t Lose Faith
“I’m the only person I know who has lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year… it’s very character building. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
Not my words, just my Buddha Button.